Monday, October 31, 2011

Cowboy, Cavewoman, and Pirate

My Halloween morning started off with a Twix candy bar. Somehow I eat really crappy when I'm sick. I can't seem to help myself. I haven't exercised in a week and a half and I've been eating whatever I want. And I want candy. No wonder I'm not getting better. Life goes so much better for me when I exercise every day. I just haven't exactly figured out how I'm going to get to my CrossFit gym more than once a week. Timing is not working in my favor.

The kids were excited for Halloween as usual. Gavin is definitely pushing the age limit on trick-or-treating but he figures as long as his friends go then he goes. I don't mind, gives me more candy to steal for breakfast. Drew is also pushing the age limit, but she looks so dang cute dressed up that I can't say no. Plus, her friends all go out. And Gilli, well she's always going to be my baby and she can pretty much get away with anything.

Earlier on in the day Gillian had to do a book report at school where she acted out a scene from her book. She was Pippy Longstockings. She got pretty nervous and talked really fast but she did well. She wore her braids sticking out with the help of wire, and mismatched stockings with Gavin's shoes. She looked adorable.

I am quite certain that we will never get trick-or-treaters at our house. We live at the end of a half mile private dirt road. You have to go through a gate and up past our barn to get to our house and you can't even see our house from the gate. Thus, we decided to keep with old traditions.

After school we went to Woodinville to have dinner at the Gregson's and trick-or-treat with friends. Gavin wore his new cowboy hat and carried a feed bag to gather his candy. When people asked him if he is supposed to be a cowboy he said "I guess so, I'm just going as myself." He is really embracing his whole new lifestyle, and that suits me just fine. Drew dragged out an old cavewoman outfit and Gillian wore a pirate costume that we had. I didn't buy any halloween costumes for once. Hooray!


The kids all like to dump their candy on the floor, count it, and then do trades.

No comments: