Friday, December 9, 2011

The Great Pumpkin Massacre


One of the benefits of living on 10 acres is that you can shoot on your property. Gavin has set up a gun range. Darren and the kids shot up the pumpkins that we never carved for Halloween. Beware any home intruders.... my kids are armed. All of our neighbors have acreage too so there is plenty of space between us. Still, Gavin's friend called him while we were in Utah and asked Gavin what was going on at our house. He said it sounded like Baghdad over there. So I called Darren and he said he had his friend Mike over and they were shooting Mike's guns and blowing stuff up. Gavin was sad that he was not home for that one. Now he wants explosives for Christmas. I wonder if Santa has anything against giving tannerite as a gift.

I'm almost an animal hoarder. I have 3 dogs and 5 horses. Yes, I am living out my childhood dreams. A few weeks ago our friend Bryan found 2 horses that were being given away and he wanted to take them for his kids. I said that he could keep them here. He ended up not being able to take them for now so I took them. They are beautiful. Both paints. Their names are Rodeo and Eli. I have hair envy over Rodeo's mane. His mane is long and wavy, it looks like it was just taken out of a braid. We quickly made 2 makeshift stalls in the barn and it works well. For the most part the kids love going out to the barn and cleaning stalls. Their chores have increased but so far no complaints. Gavin is especially loving it. In the evening we all go out to feed them and put them away for the night.
Gavin and Eli
Gillian and Rodeo
I am not one who usually likes to put signs up in the house. But this one, I just could not resist. It pretty much sums it up for me. Is it too much to ask for?

2 comments:

zq said...

ahhh, the life. lucky!

Caroline Brock said...

Cyn- I just LOVE hearing all about your new life. I remember you adoring horses in high school. It's fabulous to see that you are living a life doing things that bring you joy! It sounds as though it's been great for the kids as well....So thrilled for you!!