Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm old

So many things are changing. Gavin has his first girlfriend. Drew wears mascara to school. I turned 43 last week. I have wrinkles. Life is good.

On my birthday I spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to get a bird out of our wood burning stove. It flew down the flue into the stove. Gillian took video which I will have to try to upload tonight between the hours of 11pm and 4am thanks to our lovely satellite internet. Speaking of old, this computer is 5 years old and verrrrryyyy slow. Five year old computer coupled with satellite internet makes blogging, web surfing, downloading, uploading, writing papers, or doing anything, very very frustrating. But I will post proof of the bird drama later. Also, the bird brought a friend back a few days later. So we had two birds flying around our house and banging into the windows. It was soooo exciting for the kids and the dogs.

Darren took me to the Salish Lodge spa last Saturday night. It is at Snoqualmie Falls. I got a massage and we had a late dinner. It was so nice to get away with him if only for a few hours. He is always so thoughtful and knows how badly my neck and head have been hurting. I had hot rocks, hot towels, and a deep massage. I wish that the relaxing effects could last forever.

Did I mention that Gavin has a girlfriend???!!!!!!!

1 comment:

zq said...

girlfriends, mascara and wrinkles, oh my! glad you had a nice relaxing birthday.