Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Banks Lake


Our annual trip to Banks Lake was very exciting this year. We left on Saturday the 22nd. So we got there and set up camp and then it was Sunday. We took it easy and drove to Dry Falls, which is like a mini version of the Grand Canyon.
Then Monday was filled with tubing, wakeboarding, wakesurfing, and waterskiing. Wakesurfing is when you use a small surfboard and surf the wake very close behind the boat. Your feet aren't attached to any bindings, which is why it can be dangerous when you fall and there is a board on the loose. So on Tuesday I got a board to the face, breaking my nose. It hit me so hard. When I felt my nose and saw all the blood my first thought was that I was sure glad there were no sharks in the water because surely I would attract a ton of man eating sharks with all the blood in the water. Then I thought "This sucks, I can't surf tomorrow." Then I thought "I sure hope Darren circles around quickly because I'm feeling light-headed." So Katie and Kristin pulled me in the boat, Gavin got out his first aid kit and Darren drove me back to shore. We had to drive 45 minutes to the ER where Xrays confirmed that I had a broken nose. I knew it was bad when the first thing Darren said when he saw me in the water was "We will have to call a plastic surgeon when we get home."
So I rested on Wednesday and got back on the board Thursday.

Gavin is getting quite skilled at surfing and he loves doing it, just like his daddy.

We also had fun cliff jumping.

And Gilli can do the splits with one leg buried in the sand. Very cool...

On our way home we stopped by our favorite diner. Burgers, fries, and the Three Stooges. It doesn't get better than that.




















No comments: