Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I really enjoy Mother's Day because I get to sleep in.  Then Darren and the girls bring me breakfast in bed.  After church I get a nap.  Ok, so this usually happens every Sunday, but on Mother's Day I don't help clean up at all.  So nice.

I wish I lived closer to Patsy.  She's such a great mama.  I try to be as good as she is but I fall short.  I'm not sure how she survived through six kids.  She did everything.  She drove 14 hours to Utah with six kids by herself in the summers.  And one fun time Johnny puked over her shoulder and into her purse.  She always just keeps trucking on.  And whenever I need anything she is always there.  Just a few months ago she flew out when she found out that I was sick.  She has a sixth sense when it comes to her kids.  I'd like to be as tough as her.  She always has a way of turning everything into something positive, even when it's pretty much crap.

I am grateful to be a mom.  It's a tough job.  Tougher than I ever thought it would be.  But so worth it.



Happy Mother's Day Patsy !

No comments: