Thursday, May 9, 2013

Two birthdays and a mauling

On April 24th Gavin turned 17.  I can hardly believe it.  He is quite the redneck kid.  His favorite thing to talk about is anything anti-Obama.  Ugh.  Not a topic that I love talking about.  Not sure where he gets his angst from. 
Then on May 7th Gillian turned 11.  And she's finally starting to sleep in her own bed.  She wanted dresses for her birthday.  And headphones.  She's growing up so fast.  Too fast.  It's all going too fast.
Then, a week ago Roxy got attacked by the neighbor's black Lab.  I was walking over to Aaron and Ashley's house to see if they had jumper cables to jump my dead car.  Roxy followed me over and started barking at their two dogs.  It all happened so quickly.  Their dog Bailey turned into Cujo and pounced on Roxy, grabbed her in her mouth and shook her around. I ran over and picked her up as quick as I could.  She was crying and bleeding all over me.  We ended up taking her to the emergency vet that evening.  She has fractured ribs and a big open bite wound that just now is starting to heal.  She developed quite an infection and has been on three different antibiotics to clear up the infection.  Poor little thing.  She has lost almost a pound, now down to 3.5 pounds.  She needed to lose weight but I think this was the wrong way of going about it.  


Roxy's compression wrap

No comments: