Sunday, January 3, 2010

Date Night


It has been a while since I took the kids out individually and since Gavin spent the day with Darren doing guy stuff I decided to start off the new year with a date with my darling Drew. Gillian was of course not okay with this even though I promised her, even pinky promised her, that she would be next. And Drew being the sweetheart that she is told her that she would bring her back a surprise from the mall. With her own money she bought Gillian a little princess doll from the Disney store. Man, that girl just melts my heart sometimes!

We started off the date with a real haircut from Tara at Hairmasters. Usually it is I who cuts their hair, but I'm not very good with layers and she wanted layers. She was so excited afterwards and said "I hope I don't hurt your feelings mom but I like Tara's haircuts better than yours." No offense taken, Tara is after all a professional. We did some returns at the mall, had dinner, got Gillian her surprise (which I told Drew she didn't have to get), and shopped until Drew found a sweater that she liked and bought. Fun night. Now I realize that there needs to be more one on one date nights with my sweet children.

No comments: