Friday, December 12, 2008

Roof, lights, gingerbread and late night capers


Since Darren sprained his ankle playing church basketball (again) it fell upon me to clean off the roof with Bryan's leaf blower. It was littered with pine needles and the gutters were full.  All of this I noticed while I was putting lights up for the first time ever on our house for Christmas.  Every year I want to do it but Darren thinks it is a waste of electricity.  We'll see.... I think it looks great.  
Last week my friends Sylvia and Vicki put a huge ugly wreath on my car late at night.  So, in retaliation my good friend Bec and I went to a late movie (Australia) and then at 1:15am when it was over we went and decorated their cars.  Pictures don't do it justice but we ended up turning Vicki's minivan into Rudolph.  They were so proud of our caper that they drove their hideously decorated vehicles to church with tinsel flying and all.  I think I'm still paying for the lack of sleep I got last weekend.  
FINALLY!  After Gillian pestering me for days, every hour, every minute, we decorated the gingerbread house.  I hope it was everything she thought it would be and more because she really acted as if she would die if I made her wait any longer.  Gavin was in charge of the trees and told the girls they were not to touch them or else....   Drew of course happily stayed away from his blessed trees and Gillian chewed as many gumballs as she could.  It turned out pretty nice.
The new obsession in the house is the heated plush blanket I bought at Costco.  Gillian carries it around with her and plugs it in wherever she plants herself.  Then I found her sleeping on a beanbag that was on the coffee table with her blanket.  Funny girl.

Things to note today:  Drew is very excited that she got put on the level 3 gymnastics team.  That means 4 hours of practice a week!  

No comments: